What to eat for healthy hair? In general, choose products that contain protein, zinc and vitamins. The lack of at least one of it may lead to hair loss, damages and scalp problems.
Best foods for your hair
1. Eggs and chicken. There’s a whole life inside an egg, so it contains a lot of zinc and protein to sustain it, and chicken is simply full of proteins.
2. Pigs’ feet. This unusual superfood is rich in collagen - a nutrient that keeps hair and skin moisturised and youthful.
3. Salmon and eel. After 30, we see the decrease of fatty acids in our body, so we need to add products that contain it to our regular diet. Salmon and eel are rich with omega-3 (particularly DHA) so they are your must-have foods for the fast growing, shiny and strong hair.
4. Beans. Soybean, kidney beans, lentils and products made of it (tofu, soy milk) contain isoflavones - ingredients similar to female hormones that work to protect your hair.
5. Nuts. Walnuts also contain omega-3 that prevent hair loss. Peanuts and almonds are rich in zinc.
6. Green and Yellow veggies are all about vitamins and iron.
7. Carrots. Carrots are rich with Vitamin A that heals dry hair and scalp.
8. Dairy. Yogurt, cheese and milk are rich in calcium and have high-quality proteins.
9. Chocolate. Cacao beans contain zinc and theobromine that eases the stress. Stress is a typical cause of hair loss as it lowers the circulation and causes hormonal imbalance.
10. Sesame. 90% of sesame's ingredients contain essential nutrients that promote hair’s health.
11. Oysters. Oysters contain more zinc than any other product, but also rich with iron, copper and taurine - an amino acid that to lower cholesterol.
12. Red peppers. Red peppers contain capsaicin that improves blood circulation in the scalp and enhances hair growth.
13. Liver. Liver has lots of zinc, iron and vitamins. It will help you fight dandruff.
14. Tomato. Tomatoes contains lycopene that acts like an antioxidant that prevents hair ageing.
15. Citrus. Citrus fruits are simple affordable foods, however they are enriched with Vitamin C that also helps fighting hair ageing.